I hope you guys are as excited as I am about Lucidity 2018. This conscious gathering brings together music, art, dance and education to create a festival experience like no other.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE TICKETS YET, GET A DISCOUNTED TICKET HERE!! (Lucidity Ticket with InTheStu reader discount)
The kind people running Lucidity have generously given In TheS tu readers a discount on their festival tickets! Just use the link above or apply coupon code InTheStu2018 during checkout.
There’s a lot to check out at Lucidity, but I wanted talk a bit about the general philosophy of the festival and what separates it from the pack.
What is a conscious gathering?
There is a growing movement, especially prevalent in the youth, that is actively working to shape our world into a harmonious utopia. Within the movement, the belief that the old-world model of ‘amass as much as I can for myself’ just does not work in the context of a shared human experience. Rather, the goal is to work together to create sustainable systems that benefit all. Yes, this is idealistic; yes, we have a long way to go, but Lucidity is one of the home bases of this conscious movement.
Rather than just focusing on throwing a big party, Lucidity has organized a diverse set of educational workshops and experiences intended to help shift the consciousness from a sole focus on personal gain to a more community oriented approach, taking into consideration factors outside of the normal capitalistic economic gain structure.
Utopia in practice.
Everyone has a bit different idea of what exactly we’re shooting for, but there are a couple of basic tenants that are shared across the board among these utopic dreamers.
- Food systems and manipulated landscaping needs to be based on sustainable practices.
- Hence, courses like “Permaculture Design for Sustainable California Landscapes“
- Personal spiritual practice is essential for peaceful community.
- You must understand and love yourself before you can understand and love another. Spiritual practices like yoga, meditation, contact improv…etc, deepen our connection with our internal experience, give us a sense of balance, and allow us to move in harmony with one another.
- It is our responsibility and honor to support one another and stand up for what we believe in.
- Without community, this movement would completely fall apart. If we stand together and gather, sharing our wisdom and tools for better living, we will grow together.
- Hence, Lucidity Community Works Classes
- We know how to have a good time and are not afraid to dance our asses off.
- This one goes without saying; the movement is fun!
Join the movement
Even if you cannot attend Lucidity, there are ways to embody the ideals that Lucidity is trying to impress upon the public. Especially in California, there are growing communities of people actively working to make a positive change in this world by taking an honest look at their everyday actions and asking themselves, “Is this good for me? Is this good for the world at large?” Those questions are at the root of the ‘Conscious Movement’ and bar no race, creed or age. You can join the movement by waking to the possibility that the ideals and behaviors that have been deemed correct by society may not actually be beneficial for anyone in the long run.
Thanks for reading!